WAN Acceleration solutions (aka WAN Optimization) overcome common WAN challenges such as limited bandwidth, latency due to distance and dropped packets due to congestion.
The goal is to improve the performance of all IP traffic including applications dependent on UDP.
Our WAN Acceleration solutions make offsite replication easy, affordable and responsive to corporate demands. By using WAN Acceleration software with asynchronous storage replication solutions, you can achieve the following:
- Meet Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) – Replicate more data in less time to remote offsite locations.
- Replicate over longer distances – Eliminate distance limitations between source & target devices.
- Improve business continuity – Maintain redundant data center(s) for “hot failover”
- Lower disaster recovery costs – Eliminate costly dedicated networks for replication and avoid bandwidth upgrades.
WAN Acceleration enables the centralization of file shares leading to:
- Single Point of Management – Data management policies can be imposed consistently on all data sets
- Increased Data Protection Reliability – Enterprise class data protection mechanisms can be applied centrally
- Reduce Hardware and Software Costs – Reduce the number of licenses required by centralizing to a central location
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
WAN Optimization allows organizations to deploy VDI to remote offices, reducing desktop management costs and deployment times. In addition, WAN Acceleration promotes mobile workflows and Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) initiatives.
Companies relying on the distribution of content across geographical locations can also rely on WAN
Acceleration to meet their needs. Workflows benefit from increases in productivity due to the reduction in content transfer times provided by WAN Acceleration.